The 2020 E-Enterprise National Meeting (EE2020) will be held in Chicago, IL from May 12-14, 2020! EE2020 is a meeting for the environmental protection community that creates opportunities to connect with other community members, share your successes and challenges, and learn about best practices in environmental protection. We need your help to craft a program that is engaging, informative, and relevant to the important work you do.
The theme of EE2020 is Envisioning the Future of Environmental Protection and we are seeking your proposals for content that aligns with that theme and the following possible topics of interest:
- Digital Transformation in Environmental Protection
- Program Innovation and Policy Modernization
- User-Centered Design: Experiences in Implementing Customer-Focused Online Services
- Telling Agency Stories Through Data Visualization
- GIS for Environmental Decision Making
- Using Open Data and APIs to Drive Innovation in Environmental Management
- Data Analytics and Data-Driven Decision Making
- Applications for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Environmental Protection
- Innovative Exchange Network Data Flows and Projects
- Adopting Cloud Technologies and Shared Platforms to Drive Efficiency and Better Environmental Outcomes
- Shared Services for Mobile Data Entry and Field Work
- Innovative Partnerships in Environmental Protection
- Examples of Process Streamlining and Agile Development
- Citizen Science: Benefits, Challenges, and Impacts for Environmental Agencies
- Advanced Techniques for Monitoring and Collecting Environmental
Data (sensors, drones)
- Intersections of Policy and Technology: Barriers and
Opportunities for Innovation
You are invited to submit a brief abstract on a relevant topic that you would like to present at EE2020. You can submit your abstract for any of the following formats:
- Lightning Talks
- Podium Presentations
- Panel Discussions
If you do not wish to lead a session or presentation, you may also submit an idea for a topic that you would like to see explored at EE2020. To submit your abstract or idea for EE2020, please visit the meeting website for complete details.
The call for content will remain open through January 10, 2020.
Should you have questions regarding the call for content or need assistance with your submission, please contact Kurt Rakouskas at krakouskas [at] ecos.org.
More information on EE2020
EE2020 continues the longstanding series of national meetings held by the National Environmental Information Exchange Network. EE2020 brings together a broad community of attendees from state, tribal, and local environmental agencies, U.S. EPA, vendors, and other stakeholders with an interest in improving the productivity and responsiveness of the environmental protection enterprise. The meeting integrates content on information technology, process improvement, and program modernization.
Stay tuned for information on meeting registration, lodging, and travel expense reimbursement. You can get the latest updates via EN Email Alerts and our meeting website: https://www.eenationalmeeting.
The program for EE2020 is cooperatively developed by a Program Committee made up of representatives from state, tribal, and territorial environmental agencies and U.S. EPA. The Program Committee is chaired by:
- Kari Jacobson Hedin
Fond du Lac Reservation
- Victoria Phillips
Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Chet Wayland
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency