U.S. EPA is establishing a national system for tracking hazardous waste shipments electronically. This system, known as e-Manifest, is modernizing the nation’s cradle-to-grave hazardous waste tracking process while saving time and money for industry and states.
U.S. EPA is currently working with states, the regulated community and related stakeholders to develop a national electronic manifest system that will facilitate the electronic transmission of the uniform manifest form and make the use of the manifest much more effective and convenient for users.
- Cost savings and reduced burden
- Accurate and more timely information on waste shipments
- Rapid notification of discrepancies in shipments
- Creation of a single hub for one-stop reporting of manifest data for use by U.S. EPA, states, and tribes
With consistent input from states, tribes, industry, and the public, the team has:
- Successfully launched the fee-supported system in summer 2018
- Received more than 100,000 submissions in the system to date
- Work with states to connect to e-Manifest services
- Continued monthly webinars on technical and policy issues
For more information and FAQs, visit http://www.epa.gov/e-manifest.
To subscribe to the general program Listserv, send a blank message to eManifestsubscribe@lists.epa.gov.
To subscribe to the developers only Listserv, send a blank message to email@example.com.