The “Assistance Gateway” is an on-line platform hosted on the
E-Enterprise portal developed to address needs expressed by local governments and tribes seeking easy access to environmental decision-making tools for infrastructure, compliance, critical assets, health, and sustainability.
A complimentary product developed for adoption by states and tribes by the Missouri Agency of Natural Resources is called the “Gateway for Community Assistance,” and provides compliance wizards and one-stop assistance for regulated entities and the public.
- The Assistance Gateway was launched in 2015 and is hosted on the E-Enterprise Portal. This user-friendly platform was developed to help local governments and tribes gain easy access to the latest environmental tools and resources.
- The Assistance Gateway includes more than 250 resources on topics such as: re-development; clean-up; alternative energy; emerging technologies, air quality; waste management; natural disasters; stormwater; water quality, grants; drinking water; and climate resilience.
- A second highly configurable application developed for adoption by states and tribes by the Missouri Agency of Natural Resources is called the Gateway for Community Assistance. New host agencies can adopt the application and customize it to suit their own needs. Key features include access to resources that match user interests, an extensive searchable resource catalogue, announcements, and an assistance wizard that returns custom recommendations based on a user’s response to a set of questions.
- Reports from early users indicate that the application is useful for understanding environmental obligations and planning infrastructure.
- Integrate additional tribal and state resources.
- Explore opportunities to “crowd-source” tools and resources.
- Include tools and resources from EPA’s Compliance Assistance Centers.
BENEFITS FOR REGULATED COMMUNITY
- Help local and tribal leaders gain easy access to environmental requirements and tools.
- Build technical, managerial, and financial capacity to achieve and maintain environmental compliance and improve community sustainability and infrastructure resilience.
- Regulators create efficiencies and save staff time.
- Missouri, Arizona Team Up to Create Shareable Cloud-Based Portal Architecture. Government Technology, December 1, 2016.
- Missouri DNR Webpage for the Assistance Gateway