The Assistance Gateway will provide communities with streamlined, customized access to
tools and resources that aim to address environmental compliance
and infrastructure planning needs. The tool will allow users to filter and explore resources aggregated on the site through web services and includes a state template to help local governments find resources based on their needs. Phase I focused on providing resources for local governments. Phase II will extend the breadth of resources and the intended user community to regulated entities.
- Help local governments, tribes, and the regulated community gain easy access to information on environmental requirements and tools and
- Build technical, managerial, and financial capacity to achieve and maintain environmental compliance and improve community sustainability and infrastructure resilience.
The Assistance Gateway is a web application that currently lists more than 400 resources on topics such as air quality, alternative energy, cleanup, climate resilience, drinking water, emerging technologies, grants, natural disasters, redevelopment, stormwater, waste management, and water quality.
The tool includes a second highly configurable application developed for adoption by states and tribes by the Missouri Agency of Natural Resources called the Gateway for Community Assistance. New host agencies can adopt the application and customize it to suit their own needs. Key features include access to resources that match user interests, an extensive searchable resource catalogue, announcements, and an assistance wizard that returns
custom recommendations based on a user’s responses to a set of questions.
- Integrate additional EPA, tribal, and state resources
- Expand user community to include regulated entities
- Explore opportunities to “crowd-source” tools and resources
- Provide compliance assistance tools and resources for the regulated community and
- Improve the Assistance Gateway user interface.
- Missouri, Arizona Team Up to Create Shareable Cloud-Based Portal Architecture. Government Technology, December 1, 2016.
- Missouri DNR Webpage for the Assistance Gateway