The Assistance Gateway can provide regulated entities, states, tribes, and communities with streamlined, customized access to tools and resources that aim to address environmental compliance and infrastructure planning needs. The web tool allows users to filter and explore resources aggregated on the site through web services and includes a state template to help local governments find resources based on their needs. Phase I focused on providing resources for local governments. Phase II will extend the breadth of resources and the intended user community to regulated entities.
Regulated entities and state, tribal, and local governments are seeking to improve their understanding of compliance requirements and voluntary programs. Through the Assistance Gateway, these entities and the public can access and filter key environmental and compliance assistance resources online 24/7.
- Help local governments, tribes, and the regulated community gain easy access to information on
environmental requirements and tools
- Build technical, managerial, and financial capacity to achieve and maintain environmental compliance and improve community sustainability and infrastructure resilience
Hosted on the E-Enterprise Portal, the Assistance Gateway is a web application that currently lists more than 400 resources on topics such as air quality, alternative energy, cleanup, climate resilience, drinking water, emerging technologies, grants, natural disasters, redevelopment, stormwater, waste management, and water quality.
The tool includes a second highly configurable application developed by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources called the “Gateway for Community Assistance.” States and tribes can adopt the application and customize it to suit their own needs. Key features include access to resources that match user interests, an extensive searchable resource catalogue, announcements, and an assistance wizard that returns custom recommendations based on a user’s responses to a set of questions. The application also includes U.S. EPA compliance assistance tools and resources.
- Enhance user interface to be more intuitive and user-friendly, and better reflect topic areas
- Integrate additional EPA, tribal, and state tools and resources
- Enhance filtering capabilities
- Missouri, Arizona Team Up to Create Shareable Cloud-Based Portal Architecture. Government Technology, December 1, 2016.
- Missouri DNR Webpage for the Assistance Gateway